Principal/Site Coordinator Forum “(Mindsets+Skillsets) Relevance=Results!”
Date(s) - 09/19/2019
8:30 am - 2:00 pm
Attend this workshop to learn how the speaker combines the latest science on self-regulation and executive function with powerful, doable brain-targeted strategies for helping students to “Think Smart” and become responsible, empowered learners.
- Identify ways to develop students’ mindsets and self-regulation skill sets to prepare them for school and for life based on brain research.
- Incorporate the tenets of “educational neuroscience” into your classroom.
- Create a safe classroom environment, so that all learners feel included and engaged and ready to learn.
- Learn how effort, discipline and deliberate practice contribute more to school success than IQ or innate ability
- See how to weave Growth Mindset thinking into your daily lives.
- Know how to support students in building self-regulation and metacognitive skill sets.
- Build speaking and listening skills that are so essential to deep thinking and academic discourse.
- Teach students to “Think Smart,” think deeply and self-assess regularly.
Speaker: Kathleen Kryza, Author, International Speaker
Kathleen Kryza is a life-long learner, experienced elementary and secondary teacher, and an international presenter and consultant. She has co-authored various books on topics such as growth mindsets, inspiring learning, differentiation, test-taking strategies and transformative teaching. Ms. Kryza has been trained in the National Writing Project as well as on topics such as differentiated instruction, brain-targeted learning, cooperative learning, co-teaching and content literacy.
Who Should Attend: HSTW/MMGW Principals and Site Coordinators
NOTE: CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST AND LUNCH WILL BE PROVIDED
Registration is closed for this event.