Date(s) - 10/14/2020
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
State Support Team Region 16 is excited to continue our Closing the Gap Series for 2020-2021 as we welcome Suzy Pepper Rollins returning to our Region to present, “High Impact Instructional Strategies for ALL Learners.” Join us via Zoom on October 14th for flexibly designed sessions which allow participants to learn more about these key strategies for both virtual and in-person learning situations.
Suzy Pepper Rollins, author of Learning in the Fast Lane, lays out a plan of action that teachers can use to immediately move under-performing students in the right direction through her concepts of Acceleration, Standards Walls, and High Impact Instructional Strategies.
You are welcome to come and go from sessions as your schedule allows, or spend the entire day with us! Please note that our schedule for the day will be “progressive” in that each session builds on previous sessions throughout the day.
Overview of the day’s schedule:
- 8:30 – 10:00 AM Standards Walls: Transforming Standards into Clear Learning Goals.
- 10:00 -10:30 AM Scaffolding: Providing What’s Missing Just in Time
- 10:30 – 11:00 AM Vocabulary Development: Implementing a Strategic Plan
- 11:00 – 11:30 AM Acceleration – Jump-Starting Students Who Are Behind
- 12:15 – 12:35 PM Applying Acceleration: Jump-Starting Students Who Are Behind
- 12:35 – 1:35 PM Success Starters: Sparking Student Engagement Right Away
- 1:45 – 2:05 PM Formative Assessment, Visible Learning, Feedback Loops: Checking Student Understanding Minute by Minute
- 2:05 – 3:30 PM Weaving into Student Work: Giving Students Greater Responsibility
Click here to register or contact Erica Ballard at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Link for the day’s sessions will be shared after you register, along with items which participants will need to use on the day of the workshop. I hope you will consider attending these sessions as part of the Closing the Gap series.
Six (6) contact hours will only be given for full-day attendance (taken at each session).