WELCOME to the Northwest Ohio HSTW regional web page.
What’s Making News!
The Northwest Region congratulates these administrators who presented at the “Big Pause” webinar Administration Forum:
- Jay Clark, Principal, Van Buren Middle School
- Darla Dunlap, Principal, Van Wert Middle School
- Jack Hunter, Principal Toledo Chase STEMM Academy
- David Manley, TPS Assistant Director of Compensatory Programs
- Scott Minnig, Principal, Wapakoneta High School
- Dr. Jeff Price, Superintendent, Hardin Northern Local School District
Special thanks to schools who devoted time and energy and were prepared to present at the National Schools to Work Conference
Congratulations to Jay Clark, Principal, Van Buren Middle School, for being designated as a National School to Watch.
About the Ohio HSTW NW Region
The Northwest Ohio Region provides technical assistance in comprehensive systemic school reform to 21 High Schools,25 Middle Schools, 9 Public K-8 Schools, and 4 Career Centers. We welcome any schools in our region that may wish to explore High Schools That Work and/or Making Middle Grades Work as their model for school improvement. Our NW Ohio HSTW/MMGW Regional services include the following:
- Regional Professional Development (PD) – Our workshops are free and open to any school in our region. Presenters’/facilitators’ topics and strategies are chosen with our schools’ needs in mind. During the PD, we set aside time for attendees to network with other teachers, site coordinators, and administration.
- Site Coach – A site coach will aide one’s school in constructing and implementing their Site Action Plan for continuous improvement. By attending building leadership team meetings, etc., the site coach becomes a valued resource for providing assistance with team building and in-house professional development.
- Targeted Support – Every 3-5 years, the site coach works with the leadership team and staff to complete a Site Review. This process provides additional data on the progress made on the school’s Site Action Plan.
- Mini-Grants – In addition to the schools’ HSTW/MMGW grant monies, we offer mini-grant opportunities for teams working on specific goals. Past mini-grants have been awarded for literacy, standards-based grading, career and work-based study, and PLC’s.
- Additional Assistance – Every other year, teaching staff and 8th-and 12th-grade students complete online surveys. These surveys provide additional data through teacher and student voice.
Meet Our Team! Click Here
Deborah Rivers, Regional Coordinator
Marta Crow, Daniel P. Dick, Connie Hanke, Johnny Hutton, Francine Murray, Amy Piacentino, Jim Posta, Debbie Schneider