WELCOME to the HSTW Northeast (NE) Ohio Region web page.
What’s Making News!
Please visit our website at www.hstwne.org for continually updated information and professional development opportunities.
2022 HSTW/MMGW Leadership Awards – You’ve Achieved Something Great!
- District Leadership Award:
Ruth Ray, Warrensville Heights City Schools
- CTE Leadership Award:
John Zehentbauer, Mahoning County Career Technical Center
- High School Leadership Award (9-12):
Henrietta Williams East High School, Youngstown
- Middle School Leadership Award (6-8):
Kathy Thayer, Mount Vernon Middle School
2022 Burkholder Scholarship Leadership Award
- John Zehentbauer, Mahoning County Career Technical Center
- Kathy Thayer, Mount Vernon Middle School
About the Ohio HSTW NE Region
The NE Ohio Region is one of four regional offices serving 61 sites as part of Ohio’s 287 High Schools That Work (HSTW) and Making Middle Grades Work (MMGW) sites. For 21 years, the regional offices have received HSTW/MMGW state grant funding from the Ohio Department of Education. Ohio HSTW/MMGW is a member of the Southern Regional Education Board located in Atlanta, Georgia.
FY21 Regional Professional Development Services & Support
HSTW NE Ohio Region offers regional and site professional development services and support.
You Are Invited to Join a HSTW/MMW Task Force:
- Contact the Regional Office if interested in the following:
- Career Technical Education (CTE)
- Standards-Based Instruction & Grading (SBIG)
- Social Emotional Learning (SEL)
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (STEM)
Task Force Outcomes:
- Understand the barriers and promising practices by districts and schools currently implementing evidence-based practices to avoid major set-backs.
- Learn the steps taken by administrators and teachers in exploring, planning and implementing evidence-based practices that have resulted in the changes desired with data-driven results that indicate improved student outcomes and achievement.
- Explain the impact to administrators, teachers, students and parents from districts/schools implementing the evidence-based practices.
- Build capacity and buy-in for change by engaging district/teacher leaders in professional development
- Network with HSTW/MMGW task force member district/school sites to share best practices.
For more information on HSTW or MMGW in the NE region:
115 Mountview Court
Mount Sterling, OH 43143