WELCOME to the HSTW Northeast (NE) Ohio Region web page.
What’s Making News!
2021 HSTW/MMGW Leadership Awards – You’ve Achieved Something Great!
- District Leadership Award:
Justin Jennings, CEO, Youngstown City Schools
Shana Wydra, Director of STEM & CTE, Steubenville City Schools
- CTE Leadership Award:
Paula Baco, Interim Director, Trumbull Career & Technical Center
- High School Leadership Award (9-12):
Kristen Hudson, English Teacher & HSTW Site Coordinator, Northwestern High School
- Middle School Leadership Award (6-8):
Vince Lindsey, Principal, Massillon Jr. High School
2021 Burkholder Scholarship Leadership Award
- Paula Baco, Trumbull Career & Technical Center
- Shana Wydra, Steubenville City Schools
About the Ohio HSTW NE Region
The NE Ohio Region is one of four regional offices serving 62 sites as part of Ohio’s 285 High Schools That Work (HSTW) and Making Middle Grades work (MMGW) sites. For 21 years, the regional offices have received HSTW/MMGW state grant funding from the Ohio Department of Education. Ohio HSTW/MMGW is a member of the Southern Regional Education Board located in Atlanta, Georgia.
FY21 Regional Professional Development Services & Support
HSTW NE Ohio Region offers regional and site professional development services and support. Due to the Covid19 restriction that no visitors are allowed in school buildings, all regional services will be provided virtually.
You Are Invited to Join a HSTW/MMW Task Force:
- Contact the Regional Office if interested in a Task Force.
3Es College and Career Readiness (3Es)
Career Technical Education (CTE)
Remote/Blended Learning (RBL)
Standards-Based Instruction & Grading (SBIG)
Social Emotional Learning (SEL)
Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (STEM)
Task Force Outcomes:
- Understand the barriers and promising practices by districts and schools currently implementing evidence-based practices to avoid major set-backs.
- Learn the steps taken by administrators and teachers in exploring, planning and implementing evidence-based practices that have resulted in the changes desired with data-driven results that indicate improved student outcomes and achievement.
- Explain the impact to administrators, teachers, students and parents from districts/schools implementing the evidence-based practices.
- Build capacity and buy-in for change by engaging district/teacher leaders in professional development
- Network with HSTW/MMGW task force member district/school sites to share best practices.
For more information on HSTW or MMGW in the NE region:
115 Mountview Court
Mount Sterling, OH 43143