WELCOME to the HSTW Northeast (NE) Ohio Region web page.
What’s Making News!
2020 HSTW/MMGW Leadership Awards – You’ve Achieved Something Great!
- District Leadership Award:
Jeremy Corbisello, Assistant Principal, Columbiana County Career and Technical Center
- CTE Leadership Award:
Ralph Sandy, Principal, Mahoning County Career & Technical Center
- High School Leadership Award (9-12):
Robert Clarke, Principal, Indian Valley High School
- Middle School Leadership Award (6-8):
Mary Jo DiPietro and Angie Penner, Math Teachers, Indian Creek Middle School
- Elementary/Intermediate School Leadership Award:
Kelly Seboe, Principal, Budd School (Loudonville-Perrysville EMS)
2020 Gene Bottoms Pacesetter School Award
- Choffin Career Technical Center (Youngstown)
- Harding MiddleSchool (Steubenville CSD)
- Indian Valley High School
- Mahoning County Career & Technical Center
About the Ohio HSTW NE Region
The NE Ohio Region is one of four regional offices serving 62 sites as part of Ohio’s 285 High Schools That Work (HSTW) and Making Middle Grades work (MMGW) sites. For 21 years, the regional offices have received HSTW/MMGW state grant funding from the Ohio Department of Education. Ohio HSTW/MMGW is a member of the Southern Regional Education Board located in Atlanta, Georgia.
FY21 Regional Professional Development Services & Support
HSTW NE Ohio Region offers regional and site professional development services and support. Due to the Covid19 restriction that no visitors are allowed in school buildings, all regional services will be provided virtually.
You Are Invited to Join a HSTW/MMW Task Force:
- Contact the Regional Office if interested in a Task Force.
3Es College and Career Readiness (3Es)
Career Technical Education (CTE)
Remote/Blended Learning (RBL)
Standards-Based Instruction & Grading (SBIG)
Social Emotional Learning (SEL)
Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (STEM)
Task Force Outcomes:
- Understand the barriers and promising practices by districts and schools currently implementing evidence-based practices to avoid major set-backs.
- Learn the steps taken by administrators and teachers in exploring, planning and implementing evidence-based practices that have resulted in the changes desired with data-driven results that indicate improved student outcomes and achievement.
- Explain the impact to administrators, teachers, students and parents from districts/schools implementing the evidence-based practices.
- Build capacity and buy-in for change by engaging district/teacher leaders in professional development
- Network with HSTW/MMGW task force member district/school sites to share best practices.
For more information on HSTW or MMGW in the NE region:
115 Mountview Court
Mount Sterling, OH 43143