WELCOME to the HSTW Northeast (NE) Ohio Region web page.
What’s Making News!
2020 HSTW/MMGW Leadership Awards – You’ve Achieved Something Great!
- District Leadership Award:
Jeremy Corbisello, Assistant Principal, Columbiana County Career and Technical Center
- CTE Leadership Award:
Ralph Sandy, Principal, Mahoning County Career & Technical Center
- High School Leadership Award (9-12):
Robert Clarke, Principal, Indian Valley High School
- Middle School Leadership Award (6-8):
Mary Jo DiPietro and Angie Penner, Math Teachers, Indian Creek Middle School
- Elementary/Intermediate School Leadership Award:
Kelly Seboe, Principal, Budd School (Loudonville-Perrysville EVS)
About the Ohio HSTW NE Region
The NE Ohio Region is one of four regional offices that serve 285 Ohio High Schools That Work (HSTW) and Making Middle Grades Work (MMGW) sites. 58 sites are in the NE Region. The national Making Schools Work office is the Southern Regional Education Board located in Atlanta, Georgia. For 21 years, state grant funding from the Ohio Department of Education has been given to the regional offices to support HSTW and MMGW schools.
Regional Professional Development Services/Support
HSTW NE Ohio Region offers regional and site professional development services and support. Due to the Covid19 restriction that no visitors are allowed in school buildings, all regional services will be provided virtually. See the FY21 HSTW/MMGW Professional Development Offerings for dates and more details.
You are invited to join a task force: Why?
- Opportunity to explore evidence-based practices by best practice sites before implementing a new program school-wide
- A customized approach designed to meet the needs of the task force members
- Understand barriers and challenges to avoid major set-backs
- Learn approaches by districts schools to successfully implement
- Build capacity and buy-in for change through mentoring opportunities with best practice sites.
- Network with HSTW/MMGW task force members and share implementation strategies.
3Es College and Career Readiness (3Es)
Career Technical Education (CTE)
Remote/Blended Learning (RBL)
Standards-Based Instruction & Grading (SBIG)
Social Emotional Learning (SEL)
Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (STEM)
Meet Our Team!
Diana Rogers, Regional Coordinator, Cindy Rolfe, Fiscal and Project Manager, Kristin Ralph, Administrative Assistant and New Site Manager
Barb Baltrinic, Deb Kennedy, Amanda Kortright, Angela Smith, and Andy Tommelleo
For more information on HSTW or MMGW in the NE region:
115 Mountview Court
Mount Sterling, OH 43143