WELCOME to the HSTW Northeast (NE) Ohio Region web page.
Regional Facts: The HSTW NE Ohio Region is a partnership of school districts and schools engaged in comprehensive systemic school reform in support of a “one plan” approach for school improvement. Our commitment is to serve the schools in the region by advocating and supporting full implementation of the goals, key conditions and key practices of the HSTW and MMGW school improvement frameworks as a research-proven, whole-school approach to improve student achievement.
The NE Region currently serves 25 school districts in 13 counties in northeastern Ohio–26 high schools and 8 career centers implementing High Schools That Work (HSTW), and 28 middle schools implementing Making Middle Grades Work (MMGW). In addition, we support several middle and high schools and district involved in the exploring or planning phases of HSTW and MMGW.
Grants, services and network opportunities provided include:
- HSTW/MMGW State Grant Funding for implementing sites through the CCIP
- Technical Assistance for implementing sites to include coaching and embedded professional development
- Multiple Assessment Targets for implementing sites to include: Site Review Process (SRP), teacher and student surveys and Ohio Local Report Card analysis.
- Active Networking for all sites through reconnects, visits to sites, conferences and meetings at the region, state and national levels. In addition, HSTW Ohio Network, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, supports the efforts of HSTW NE Ohio Region and the Ohio School Improvement Institute . This organization provides superintendent and principal leaders with opportunities to network and collaborate on proven, research-based practices that increase student achievement.
This region also works collaboratively and networks with other organizations: Ohio STEM Learning Network (OSLN), Educational Service Centers, Literacy Design Collaborative, Math Design Collaborative, Ohio ACTE, Ohio ASCD, Ohio College Tech Prep Regional Centers, and State Support Teams.
WHAT’S MAKING NEWS
Welcome New Leaders:
- Chris Neifer, East Palestine City School District
- Scott Smith, Mapleton Local Schools
- Paul Salvino, Massillon City Schools
- Pete Pirone, Struthers City Schools
- Tammy Lambdin, Black River High School
- Joy Morgan, Brookside High School
- Emily Adkins, Brookside Middle School
- James Rook, east Palestine High & Middle School
- Dr. Holly Minch-Hick, Indian Creek Middle School
- Kelly Seboe, Loudonville CE Budd Elementary
- Michelle Roblin, Mapleton Elementary
- Darin Prince, Mount Vernon Middle School
- Rachel Beun, Northwestern Middle School
- Dave Vecchione, Struthers Middle School
- Dave Lautenschleger, Washington High School
- Bob Kliner, Youngstwon Chaney High School
- Anina Karlvoic, Youngston Choffin CTC
- Aadrian Thomas, Youngstwon Kirkmere Elementary
- Rick Gurski, Youngstown Taft Elementary
- Tod Morris, Youngstown Rayen Early College Intermediate School
- Kelly Weeks, Youngstown Volney Rogers Elementary
- Jennifer Walker, Youngstown Wilson Elementary
- Bonnie Sansenbaugher , East Palestine High School
- Teri Rauch, East Palestine Middle School
- Jessica Thomas, Youngstown Volney Rogers Elementary
- Bryan Whitmore, Youngstown Wilson Elementary
Cindy Rolfe, Fiscal and Project Manager, Kristin Sockman, Administrative Assistant
Barb Baltrinic, Cindy Harris, Deb Kennedy, Barb Nichols, Angela Smith, Andy Tommelleo, Deb Towns and Ron Zybura
For more information on HSTW or MMGW in the NE region:
Diana L. Rogers
HSTW NE Ohio Region
115 Mountview Ct.
Mount Sterling, OH 43143