Call for Proposals Available Spring 2019
The Ohio School Improvement Institute is a premier educator conference that
showcases research-based best practices in Ohio schools. Schools and education
organizations are encouraged to submit a proposal to share a best practice and/or
their expertise in a 50-minute presentation during the 2-day conference.
- Breakout sessions will be held in the 2nd and 3rd floor hotel meeting rooms.
- The hotel will provide an LCD projector, remote control, and AV table.
- A facilitator will be assigned to your session to assist with handouts, AV
- Two presenters per session will be eligible for a discounted registration
- Bring computer adapter cords, including a MAC adapter if using a MacIntosh
- Bring portable speakers if your presentation requires sound.
- Upload your presentation onto the cvent site.
Suggested Topics for Breakout Sessions
Below is a list of suggested presentation topics. Other pertinent topics will
also be considered.
|• ACT Testing and Support
• Creative Scheduling
• Service Learning
• Reading Recovery
• Advisor/Advisee Program
• Reducing Non-Academic Barriers
• Career and College Readiness
• Reducing HS/MS Remediation
• Career Pathways
• College Credit Plus
• Rigorous Instruction
• Compassion Fatigue
• School and Community-Working Together
|• Extra Help
• Student Engagement
• Grading Practices
• Teacher Collaboration
• HSTW/MMGW & Other Initiative Integration
• Teacher Leadership
• Literacy Across the Curriculum
• Teacher Self-Care
• Middle Grades Career Connection
• Teaching to the Whole Child
• Ohio Assessment
• Using Technology for Learning
• Project-based Learning
• Work-based Learning