WELCOME to the HSTW Northeast (NE) Ohio Region web page.
Regional Facts: The HSTW NE Ohio Region is a partnership of school districts and schools engaged in comprehensive systemic school reform in support of a "one plan" approach for school improvement. Our commitment is to serve the schools in the region by advocating and supporting full implementation of the goals, key conditions and key practices of the HSTW and MMGW school improvement frameworks as a research-proven, whole-school approach to improve student achievement.
The NE Region currently serves 24 school districts in 13 counties in northeastern Ohio--21 high schools and 7 career centers implementing High Schools That Work (HSTW), and 15 middle schools implementing Making Middle Grades Work (MMGW). In addition, we support several middle and high schools and district involved in the exploring or planning phases of HSTW and MMGW.
Grants, services and network opportunities provided include:
HSTW/MMGW State Grant Funding for implementing sites through the CCIP
Technical Assistance for implementing sites to include coaching and embedded professional development
Multiple Assessment Targets for implementing sites to include: Site Review Process (SRP), teacher and student surveys and Ohio Local Report Card analysis.
Active Networking for all sites through reconnects, visits to sites, conferences and meetings at the region, state and national levels. In addition, HSTW Ohio Network, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, supports the efforts of HSTW NE Ohio Region and the Ohio School Improvement Institute . This organization provides superintendent and principal leaders with opportunities to network and collaborate on proven, research-based practices that increase student achievement.
This region also works collaboratively and networks with other organizations: Ohio STEM Learning Network (OSLN), Educational Service Centers, Literacy Design Collaborative, Math Design Collaborative, Ohio ACTE, Ohio ASCD, Ohio College Tech Prep Regional Centers, and State Support Teams.
WHAT'S MAKING NEWS
Welcome New Leaders:
- David Mangus, Cuyahoga Valley Career Center
- Catherine Puster, Loudonville-Perrysville Exempted Village School District
- Cathy Aviles, Black River Middle School
- Corey Kline, Mapleton High School/Middle School
- Julie McCumber, Northwestern Elementary School
- Dan Rahm, Brookside Intermediate School
- Richard Reynolds, Warrensville Heights High School
- Paul Salvino, Massillon Washington High School
- Jarren Zapolnik, Massillon Intermediate School
- Stephanie Blythe, Brookside Intermediate School
- Lisa Bowersock, Mapleton High School/Middle School
- Amy Chapman, Cuyahoga Valley Career Center
- Beth Cutter, Northwestern Middle School
- Jessica Daniels, Indian Valley High School
- Timthony Hurt, Warrensville Heights High School
- Scott Lane, Steubenville High School
- Amy Long, Mapleton High School/Middle School
- Ruth Ray, Warrensville Heights High School
- Jennifer Sheldon, Black River Middle School
- Kim St. Clair, Northwestern Middle School
- Kristin Stambaugh, Ravenna Brown Middle School
- Tammy Starkey, Black River Middle School
- Jordan Williams, Columbiana County CTC
- Jennifer Wolgamott, Massillon Intermediate School
- Rebecca Kelley - Jefferson County JVS
Cindy Rolfe, Fiscal and Project Manager, Kristin Sockman, Administrative Assistant
Barb Baltrinic, Cindy Harris, Barb Nichols, Angela Smith, Linda Thayer, and Andy Tommelleo
For more information on HSTW or MMGW in the NE region:
Diana L. Rogers
HSTW NE Ohio Region
115 Mountview Ct.
Mount Sterling, OH 43143